Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dir () code -- Dave Peterson

This is just a guess--I don't have access to a network.

But maybe you could add a line

DoEvents

right before the line that says to go get another filename.

If that doesn't help, you may want to post the code. Maybe someone on a network
can test it and come up with a better solution.

Myriam wrote:

I have been using Dave Peterson's code to retrieve directories. I did add the
application.volatile to recalculate/update the list. It works perfect in my
C drive.
However, when I am in a net, and retrieving dir from a server it gets
somewhat "confused". What I am thinking is that it takes a few more seconds
to retrieve the info from the net and the list does not get updated until I
close and open the form again.

Could you please help me one more time? How can I refresh it without closing
the form?

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried DoEvents and it did not help.
The problems arises in late afternoon, I guess backing up server messes up
the connections (?). During the day, and only sometimes, the list box
displaying the files shrinks to one line only. ( I gave it enough space to
display 4 files at a time).This happens when I run the program in the network
(again in my C drive is perfect). Is there a property that maybe I am not
setting properly?

Thanks for all your help!

Myriam wrote:

I have been using Dave Peterson's code to retrieve directories. I did add the
application.volatile to recalculate/update the list. It works perfect in my
C drive.
However, when I am in a net, and retrieving dir from a server it gets
somewhat "confused". What I am thinking is that it takes a few more seconds
to retrieve the info from the net and the list does not get updated until I
close and open the form again.

Could you please help me one more time? How can I refresh it without closing
the form?

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's another delaying function that you can play with:

See application.wait in VBA's help.

But I wouldn't put too much faith in it.