Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protect object vs. Protection from menu

Hello all,
When protecting a worksheet from Excel's [Tools =
Protection] menu I have the option of selecting
the "Select locked cells" & "Select unlocked cells"
checkboxes. However, the protect object in VBA doesn't
seem to provide this functionality, (it only provides the
parameters for the other items in the dialog box). Could
someone tell me how this same functionality is achieved
through VBA? I am looking to create a completely read-
only sheet which can be changed and re-formatted from
another sheet. I am currently unprotecting the sheet,
making my formatting changes, and then re-protecting the
sheet. If I protect the sheet from the menu and un-select
the first two boxes, I acheive the desired result. But
If I protect from VBA I can still select the cell on the
protected sheet, (but obviously I can't change them).
Any help anyone can provide would be extremely
appreciated.
Thank you.