Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change Filename

I want to create a macro that will save a Workbook with the origina
workbook name at the start and then the current date and other tex
behind.

For example if my workbook is named

"Financial Model.xls"

I want the macro to add two parts to this file name,
- first, the current date in this format 2004-08-11,
- second, text such as "Final"

Therfore, in this example I want:
- "Financial Model.xls" to be saved as . . .
- "Financial Model, 2004-08-11, Final.xls"

I'm using this in combination with a macro that will convert all dat
in the spreadsheet to values only (done through copy, paste special
values)

Any help is much appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Planner
Dim ActName As String
Dim MyNewName As String
ActName = ActiveWorkbook.Name
MyNewName = Left(ActName, Len(ActName) _
- 4) & "_" & Format(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd") _
& "_" & "Final.xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs MyNewName

NB: you cant use commas in your file name so I replaced them with "_"
(underscore)

HTH
Cordiallly
Pascal

"Planner " a écrit dans le message
de ...
I want to create a macro that will save a Workbook with the original
workbook name at the start and then the current date and other text
behind.

For example if my workbook is named

"Financial Model.xls"

I want the macro to add two parts to this file name,
- first, the current date in this format 2004-08-11,
- second, text such as "Final"

Therfore, in this example I want:
- "Financial Model.xls" to be saved as . . .
- "Financial Model, 2004-08-11, Final.xls"

I'm using this in combination with a macro that will convert all data
in the spreadsheet to values only (done through copy, paste special,
values)

Any help is much appreciated.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Papou,

Thanks, That is exactly what I was after!

---