Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
papou[_10_] papou[_10_] is offline

Default Change Filename

Hello Planner
Dim ActName As String
Dim MyNewName As String
ActName = ActiveWorkbook.Name
MyNewName = Left(ActName, Len(ActName) _
- 4) & "_" & Format(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd") _
& "_" & "Final.xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs MyNewName

NB: you cant use commas in your file name so I replaced them with "_"
(underscore)

HTH
Cordiallly
Pascal

"Planner " a écrit dans le message
de ...
I want to create a macro that will save a Workbook with the original
workbook name at the start and then the current date and other text
behind.

For example if my workbook is named

"Financial Model.xls"

I want the macro to add two parts to this file name,
- first, the current date in this format 2004-08-11,
- second, text such as "Final"

Therfore, in this example I want:
- "Financial Model.xls" to be saved as . . .
- "Financial Model, 2004-08-11, Final.xls"

I'm using this in combination with a macro that will convert all data
in the spreadsheet to values only (done through copy, paste special,
values)

Any help is much appreciated.

---