Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 97 vs. 2000

i have applications written in excel2000, but when someone else runs it on
excel97, it has problems w/ the macros. analysis tool paks are enabled.
the code works some of the time, but eventually stumbles across something it
doesn't like, but i cannot debug it. my ap is protected (of course), which
disallows me to get into the code on the 97 computer. when i go to vbeditor
and click on the project, it says "Project Locked" "Project is unviewable"
1) how do i get into the code w/in 97?
2) why doesn't code work in both. i thought 97 and 2000 were basically the
same.
thanks, mike allen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike,

Code written in Excel 97 should work fine in 2000. However,
without knowing what the error is and the code that is causing
the error, it is impossible to offer much advice.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"mike allen" wrote in message
i have applications written in excel2000, but when someone else

runs it on
excel97, it has problems w/ the macros. analysis tool paks are

enabled.
the code works some of the time, but eventually stumbles across

something it
doesn't like, but i cannot debug it. my ap is protected (of

course), which
disallows me to get into the code on the 97 computer. when i

go to vbeditor
and click on the project, it says "Project Locked" "Project is

unviewable"
1) how do i get into the code w/in 97?
2) why doesn't code work in both. i thought 97 and 2000 were

basically the
same.
thanks, mike allen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use xl2k to unprotect the project and save that workbook.

Then xl97 can have access to the code.

If you have access to xl97, you could password protect the project there and
xl97+ can open it.

If your code is run by clicking on a control on a worksheet from the control
toolbox toolbar, try changing the takefocusonclick property to false (or add:
activecell.activate to the top of your code--if the control doesn't have that
property).

It's a bug in xl97 that was fixed in xl2k.

mike allen wrote:

i have applications written in excel2000, but when someone else runs it on
excel97, it has problems w/ the macros. analysis tool paks are enabled.
the code works some of the time, but eventually stumbles across something it
doesn't like, but i cannot debug it. my ap is protected (of course), which
disallows me to get into the code on the 97 computer. when i go to vbeditor
and click on the project, it says "Project Locked" "Project is unviewable"
1) how do i get into the code w/in 97?
2) why doesn't code work in both. i thought 97 and 2000 were basically the
same.
thanks, mike allen

--

Dave Peterson