Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to re-write all cells in a column

Bob

It should be possible.

"re-write all the contents" means what?

What do you have now and what do you want to see after "re-writing"?

Do you want to add to the existing data or put new and unique data in the
cells?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:45:03 -0700, "Bob L"
wrote:

I would like some help writing a macro to rewrite all the contents of the
cells for an entire column. Is this possible? Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gord,

I have both text and numbers, I want it to just rewrite itself.
I am using a vlookup formula that won't work unless I rewrite the cells in
the lookup column and I can't figure out any other way but to rewrite the
contents.

Bob

wrote:

I would like some help writing a macro to rewrite all the contents of the
cells for an entire column. Is this possible? Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if you have numbers being treated as text, select the entirecolumn and
format as General, then do Data=Text to columns, select delimited, and
click OK. (if you have commas in your data, select a delimiter like # that
doesn't exist in the data).

This should cause you data to be reevaluated.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote:

I would like some help writing a macro to rewrite all the contents of

the
cells for an entire column. Is this possible? Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

That reevaluated the text but it did not recalculate, which is what I think
it needs to do. I have checked my settings under the calculation tab and all
is o.k. I don't know what is causing this not to work but I am completley
frustrated. I can go to the cell and retype the contents manually then go to
my sheet that has the VLOOKUP formaula and the cell is filled in properly.
Any other ideas?

Bob