Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Macro to re-write all cells in a column

if you have numbers being treated as text, select the entirecolumn and
format as General, then do Data=Text to columns, select delimited, and
click OK. (if you have commas in your data, select a delimiter like # that
doesn't exist in the data).

This should cause you data to be reevaluated.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob L" wrote in message
Gord,

I have both text and numbers, I want it to just rewrite itself.
I am using a vlookup formula that won't work unless I rewrite the cells in
the lookup column and I can't figure out any other way but to rewrite the
contents.

Bob

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Bob

It should be possible.

"re-write all the contents" means what?

What do you have now and what do you want to see after "re-writing"?

Do you want to add to the existing data or put new and unique data in

the
cells?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:45:03 -0700, "Bob L"

wrote:

I would like some help writing a macro to rewrite all the contents of

the
cells for an entire column. Is this possible? Thanks for your help