Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can any body help me out?

In My VBA coding i used to get long string with comma seperated. I
there any API to read that string and parse into the excel sheet.

I am using excel 2000

Thanks
Venkatesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put it in a cell, then do Data=Text to Column

Turn on the macro recorder while you do it manually.

Tom Ogilvy

"kvenku " wrote in message
In My VBA coding i used to get long string with comma seperated. Is
there any API to read that string and parse into the excel sheet.

I am using excel 2000

Thanks
Venkatesh.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can try the Split Function. It creates an array then allows you to parse
out the string and input it into the sheet as need be.

Split Function

Description

Returns a zero-based, one-dimensional array containing a specified number of
substrings.

Syntax

Split(expression[, delimiter[, limit[, compare]]])

The Split function syntax has these named arguments:

Part Description
expression Required. String expression containing substrings and delimiters.
If expression is a zero-length string(""), Split returns an empty array, that
is, an array with no elements and no data.
delimiter Optional. String character used to identify substring limits. If
omitted, the space character (" ") is assumed to be the delimiter. If
delimiter is a zero-length string, a single-element array containing the
entire expression string is returned.
limit Optional. Number of substrings to be returned; €“1 indicates that all
substrings are returned.
compare Optional. Numeric value indicating the kind of comparison to use
when evaluating substrings. See Settings section for values.