Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic validation lists

Not too much help, but if you show the Formula Auditing toolbar, you'll see an
icon that allows you to circle the cells with invalid data.

In code, I get:

ActiveSheet.CircleInvalid

And you could cycle through the Data|validation cells and look for problems--but
what would you change them to?

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...2466%40msn.com

Joe wrote:

I am using XL 2002 and have a workbook that is used as a template. It isn't
saved as a template; it is used as a template for other workbooks.

There are several validation lists in the workbook and my client has asked
me to create an application or methodology to update these lists while the
workbooks are out in the field. Fine - no problem.

Here is my question: if I have a validation list that will only allow the
values in a cell to be value_1, value_2 and value_3 and, in an updated list
the values are listed as value_1, value_2 and value_4, what happens when a
user opens a workbook in which there are cells which have the old value of
value_3?

I know that if they try to type value_3 in the cell, they will generate an
error. I am trying to discern which scenarios could be problems and
determine possible solutions for them.

Any and all help, suggestions, observations and comments will be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
--
Joe

VBA Automation/VB/C++/Web and DB development

--

Dave Peterson