Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PVK PVK is offline

Default Excel workbook creation from ASP

Hi.
Simple ASP creates Excel file on C drive:

Dim xls
Set xls = CreateObject( "Excel.Application")
xls.Workbooks.Add
xls.Range("A1").Value="Hello!"
xls.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\MyBook.xls"
xls.Quit

Works fine if Office97 installed on the server (C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\EXCEL8.OLB object library)

When Office2000 installed (C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\EXCEL9.OLB object library) ASP creates Excel file
and in addition two shortcuts on C drive:
- to C drive
- to created file.

Anybody has a clue why this side effect comes up?
I don't want these shortcuts to be created.
Thanks.