Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vj Vj is offline

Default Protect and unprotect Pivot table

Hi,

Is there any way we can protect and unprotect the pivot table only through
macro not the whole sheet?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
you can only protect the whole sheet BUT you can try the following:
- select the other cells
- goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'
- NOW protect your worksheet

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

VJ wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way we can protect and unprotect the pivot table only
through macro not the whole sheet?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the
Activesheet.EnablePivotTable
Activesheet.Protect Password:="ABC", UserInterfaceOnly:=True

This must be done each time the workbook is opened as the EnablePivotTable
and UserInterfaceOnly settings are not persistent across the closing of a
workbook (so use the workbook open event as an example. )

Tom Ogilvy

"VJ" wrote in message
Hi Frank,

I need to unprotect the pivot table and protect rest of the sheet.

If i protect the whole then my pivot table doesnt works and I cant select
any item.

Help would really be appreciated.

VJ