Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default automate regularly recurring entries

I use a simple excel spreadsheet to keep track of my bank
account balance, much in the same way you would with that
little booklet you get with your checks.

I have set up my bank account to automatically make some
transactions that recur at regular (i.e. monthly)
intervals. For example, every month my bank automatically
debits my account for my car insurance payment and sends
that payment to the insurance company.

I would like my excel spreadsheet to automatically log
these regular transactions, perhaps by my programming it in
some way. For example, it would be nice to be able to open
up my excel file on the fourth of the month to see that
payment of my monthly car insurance has automatically been
logged in to the top available (i.e., empty) row. Of
course, that automatic entry should not occur before some
predetermined date. So, on the 31 of the previous month it
should not be there. And, of course, it should be entered
only once (i.e., on one line) until the next month.

I have no programming experience, but I can write some
basic worksheet functions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may be able to adapt the code in this thread:

http://google.com/groups?threadm=dom...62004%40news21
..bellnet.ca