Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Subtotal problem with Excel 2003

We had an report running a macro setup on Excel 200 and
the subtotals were working and now when we upgraded to
2003 the the subtotals do not appear on the report in the
right order. The second level subtotal is after the first
level total. I understand that Excel 2003 subtotals
differently but this means you can't subtotal properly
unless there is some work around.

the old report looked something like this

Customer Ticket Sev
Cust1 12345 2
Cust1 12146 2
Cust1 123457 2

total 2 3

Cust1 123458 3
Cust1 123459 3

total 3 2
otal Cust1 5
Cust2 134567 2
Cust2 134568 2
Cust2 134569 2
Cust2 134570 2

Total 2 4
Cust2 134571 3

Total 3 1
Total Cust2 5

Now it appears like this

Customer Ticket Sev
Cust1 12345 2
Cust1 12146 2
Cust1 123457 2

total 2 3

Cust1 123458 3
Cust1 123459 3

otal Cust1 5
total 3 2

Cust2 134567 2
Cust2 134568 2
Cust2 134569 2
Cust2 134570 2

Total 2 4
Cust2 134571 3

Total Cust2 5
Total 3 1

Any ideas would be appreciated. TYhe macro still works
under Windows 2000 and we coppied everything over to 2003

Thanks
Grant