Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create button to open a file

I don't have any programming experience, but I was wondering if ther
was a way to make a button in Excel that you could click and have i
open a file and copy the file into your already open worksheet.

At first I thought it may be as simple as creating a macro, but now
don't think so.

What I would like the button to do is:
1. Open a box that asks you to select the file you want to open.
2. Open the file (a .txt file) and select Delimited with Tabs an
Spaces as delimiters.
3. Copy the contents of the file an place them into the worksheet yo
already have open.

I would love it if the only user intervention was selecting the prope
file to open, and the program did the rest.

Is this that difficult to accomplish? I guess I will go read up o
programming in Excel