Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ?Conditional protection

If I use the following formula to count the Es in a rang
=COUNTIF(E15:E26,"E") I can use conditional formatting to advise peopl
making entries into that range if there not enough or too many.

is it possible to write some vb code that defaults the value of th
active cell to 0 if value of the countif function is 3

This will place the active cell outside the list paramenters of th
conditional formatting and trigger an error message which is what I a
afte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I use the following formula to count the Es in a range
=COUNTIF(E15:E26,"E") I can use conditional formatting to

advise people
making entries into that range if there not enough or too

many.

is it possible to write some vb code that defaults the

value of the
active cell to 0 if value of the countif function is 3

This will place the active cell outside the list

paramenters of the
conditional formatting and trigger an error message which

is what I am
after

---

.
It is possible, it depends how you want to run it, it can

be done in vb code, but why not do

=if(COUNTIF(E15:E26,"E")3,0,COUNTIF(E15:E26,"E"))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wrong cell

I need the active cell ie the last cell in the countif range to have
typed into it to default to 0 when the value of the countif functio
exceedes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You mean that the huser is typing into this cell, but if they type an 'E' and
there are already 3 E's in the list, the user's entry should be changed to 0?

You can't do that with a formula. You would need to employ a worksheet_change
event. To help with that, we need mopre information about where the CountIf
range is.

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 06:59:13 -0500, yorkeyite
wrote:

Wrong cell

I need the active cell ie the last cell in the countif range to have E
typed into it to default to 0 when the value of the countif function
exceedes 3

---