Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
nath nath is offline

Default ?Conditional protection

-----Original Message-----
If I use the following formula to count the Es in a range
=COUNTIF(E15:E26,"E") I can use conditional formatting to

advise people
making entries into that range if there not enough or too

many.

is it possible to write some vb code that defaults the

value of the
active cell to 0 if value of the countif function is 3

This will place the active cell outside the list

paramenters of the
conditional formatting and trigger an error message which

is what I am
after

---

.
It is possible, it depends how you want to run it, it can

be done in vb code, but why not do

=if(COUNTIF(E15:E26,"E")3,0,COUNTIF(E15:E26,"E"))