Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ssb ssb is offline

Default Drop Down List in Every Cell of a column

Hello,

Say, I have column called "Employee Designation" in a excel 2k
spreadsheet. This spreadsheet kind of plays the role of a simple form.

Everytime a user updates the spread sheet for a new row, I want the
cell under "Employee Designation" column to appear as a drop down
list.

In fact, whevever a user has to choose between a fixed set of values
for a given cell, I would want a drop down list to appear.

How do I go about it..??

thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
as a starting point:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

ssb wrote:
Hello,

Say, I have column called "Employee Designation" in a excel 2k
spreadsheet. This spreadsheet kind of plays the role of a simple

form.

Everytime a user updates the spread sheet for a new row, I want the
cell under "Employee Designation" column to appear as a drop down
list.

In fact, whevever a user has to choose between a fixed set of values
for a given cell, I would want a drop down list to appear.

How do I go about it..??

thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try using Data Validation. Go to Data / Validation... In
the Allow box select List, then in the Source field
indentify the range on your worksheet which contains the
lookup values. Only limitation is that your lookup values
have to stored on the same sheet.

Manuel
Say, I have column called "Employee Designation" in a

excel 2k
spreadsheet. This spreadsheet kind of plays the role of a

simple form.

Everytime a user updates the spread sheet for a new row,

I want the
cell under "Employee Designation" column to appear as a

drop down
list.

In fact, whevever a user has to choose between a fixed

set of values
for a given cell, I would want a drop down list to appear.

How do I go about it..??

thanks for the help.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use a list from a different sheet if the list is a named range.
There are instructions he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ssb ssb is offline

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message ...
Hi
as a starting point:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

ssb wrote:
Hello,

Say, I have column called "Employee Designation" in a excel 2k
spreadsheet. This spreadsheet kind of plays the role of a simple

form.

Everytime a user updates the spread sheet for a new row, I want the
cell under "Employee Designation" column to appear as a drop down
list.

In fact, whevever a user has to choose between a fixed set of values
for a given cell, I would want a drop down list to appear.

How do I go about it..??

thanks for the help.

This site appears to be nice.......Thanks.....