Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default open power point foils via excel button (link)

Hi folks,

I have following problem :

I want to open a powerpoint presentation with a button or hyperlink from an
excel workbook and jump automatically to the correct powerpoint foil.

How can I do this? Althoug I have some generall knowledge about vba but this
is way up to difficult for me :)

Thanks,
Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Benjamin

Try using the .Hyperlinks method of the worksheet object. The folowing
will create a hyperlink to a PowerPoint presentation in the activecell.
You do not need the SubAddress and if the ScreenTi is left empty it will
display the full path of the presentation:-

ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add _
Anchor := ActiveCell, _
Address := "<<file path of presentation", _
SubAddress := "", _
ScreenTip := "", _
TextToDisplay := "<<text displayed in the cell"

Hope it helps

Sean