Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why can't I open embeded power point document in excel

I got new computer from office & now I can't open my power point documents in
excel. I sent the file to another worker & he can open them, but not me. I
can only ungroup it when I right click & it wrecks to drawing.

I am lost!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you open Power Point files by double click from a window explorer. Need
to know if this is just an excel problem or a general problem on your PC.

Can you open a Power Point file by opening up Power Point and loading the
Power Point file from the menu File - Open?

Have you ever opened a power point file from your new pc. Sometimes on PC's
you need to first open an application before you can use it from other
applications like excel. After you open Power Point and get a file to read,
then go back to excel one more time and try again. Also try again by double
clicking the file from a window explorer.

Then respond back to this posting after you tried the above suggestions.

"Embebded power point help" wrote:

I got new computer from office & now I can't open my power point documents in
excel. I sent the file to another worker & he can open them, but not me. I
can only ungroup it when I right click & it wrecks to drawing.

I am lost!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes I can open a power point documents both ways, just not a power point
document embeded in excel. I recieve an excel file for a template that
already have the power point documents embeded. Most the time I need to be
able to open & edit the power point document (in excel). I also found that I
can not insert a power point document in excel. I go to insert then object &
power point is not even listed as an object type.

Thanks for the help...

"Joel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No, I can't add in word either.

I tried to follow the instructions in the link & there is not a security or
fileopenblock folder. Also, I am not getting any errors when I try to open
in excel. It acts like it was converted into a picture.