Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save Excel without macros

Here is my goal. Part 1, I want to have a program to open an Excel template that uses macros to access data from multiple files and format the information. This part was accomplished.

Part 2, I want to save this file under a different name as a .XLS file withouth the macros (data only) while keeping the Excel Template intact for future use.

It is part 2 that I need assistance.

Please be as explicit as possible in your response.

Thanks!

Joe

P.S. I had seen a previous question regarding saving Excel where a macro deletes all the macros. It referred to http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

I received some error messages - Compile errors: User defined type not defined for "Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponent"

I am a novice from a VB perspective - haven't written any serious code in over 10 years so assume I forgot everything.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I received some error messages - Compile errors: User defined
type not defined for "Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponent"

As my web page points out, you must set a reference to the
extensibility library, which is where types like VBComponent are
defined. In VBA, go to the Tools menu, choose References, and
scroll down to "Microsoft Visual Basic For Applications
Extensibility Library" and put a check next to it.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson