Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Permission Denied Error 70

Sounds like a permissions problem. Why not create the temp file in the
users temp directory? that is what it is for.

? environ("Temp")
C:\DOCUME~1\ogilvtw\LOCALS~1\Temp

Tom Ogilvy

"APutorek" wrote in message
I have an Excel Workbook with several macros and functions. One of the

functions creates a temp file on the local hard drive, I pull some data from
that temp file and email it to a user and then close the file and delete it.
This process works great when I'm testing on my system. This workbook
however is accessed through our intranet and when it accessed through IE and
the macros are run the temp file is created with no problem but I receive
the Permission Denied Error 70 when it gets to the line to delete the temp
file. I run Office 2K SP3, the systems in my office are all W2K SP4 and XP
Pro SP1. Everyone has IE 6 installed. I use the FileSystemObeject to
create the file and the kill method to try and delete it, I have also tried
the DeleteFile and DeleteFolder method. What am I doing wrong? Any help
would be great