Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change the name of an unsaved workbook?

I have a small software which returns a worksheet with lots of data an
graphs, now the user might run it for different parameters withou
really wanting to save them.

My problem is that I would like to change the name of the newly create
(And not yet saved) books so that the user knows which one is wha
(Instead of having Book1, Book2 and so on).

Is that possible?

I tried setting Name property of the workbook but unfortunatelly it i
read-only only before you save them (Apparently).

Best Regards

Noo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The only way to change the name is to save it.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"NooK " wrote in message
I have a small software which returns a worksheet with lots of data and
graphs, now the user might run it for different parameters without
really wanting to save them.

My problem is that I would like to change the name of the newly created
(And not yet saved) books so that the user knows which one is what
(Instead of having Book1, Book2 and so on).

Is that possible?

I tried setting Name property of the workbook but unfortunatelly it is
read-only only before you save them (Apparently).

Best Regards

NooK

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thought as much. Really a pitty, I think this should be a nic
improvement from microsoft.

Best Regards

Noo