Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Out of memory error

Why I get "out of memory" in vba code. I have a code to a clear range?

Thisworkbook.Worksheets("C1").Range("DataRange").C learContents

It work a good until yesterday. I have to a reboot after run a my code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Francesco,
I presume that C1 is a worksheet that didn't exist prior to your
problems, I think you will have trouble if you name worksheets
with names that could be cell addresses or defined names.
---
HTH,

"Francesco Guiseppe Linguine" wrote in message ...
Why I get "out of memory" in vba code. I have a code to a clear range?

Thisworkbook.Worksheets("C1").Range("DataRange").C learContents

It work a good until yesterday. I have to a reboot after run a my code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
Francesco,
I presume that C1 is a worksheet that didn't exist prior to your
problems, I think you will have trouble if you name worksheets
with names that could be cell addresses or defined names.
---
HTH,

"Francesco Guiseppe Linguine" wrote in message

Why I get "out of memory" in vba code. I have a code to a clear range?

Thisworkbook.Worksheets("C1").Range("DataRange").C learContents

It work a good until yesterday. I have to a reboot after run a my code.

No, I rename sheet to a Company1 and still out of memory. I open old file
and macro work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may need to get IS to jack you virtual memory up if
possible.
I presume that C1 is a worksheet that didn't exist

prior to your
problems, I think you will have trouble if you name

worksheets
with names that could be cell addresses or defined

names.
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site

changed Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

"Francesco Guiseppe Linguine" wrote

in message
Why I get "out of memory" in vba code. I have a code

to a clear range?

Thisworkbook.Worksheets("C1").Range

("DataRange").ClearContents

It work a good until yesterday. I have to a reboot

after run a my code.

No, I rename sheet to a Company1 and still out of

memory. I open old file
and macro work.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might check out some MS KB articles referenced in
Memory Leakage in GDI (graphics device interface) Resources (#GDI)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm#gdi

and root around in Charles Williams site
Also see Memory & Limits by Charles Williams. you will have to look at (frames at top) topics separately: Types of Memory,
Measuring Memory, Memory Limits, Memory Leaks. [good information, but best viewed with a Mozilla type browswer like Firefox].
http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm

---
HTH,