Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel if & hyperlink formula

Hi
maybe try something like
=IF(K2=1,HYPERLINK(A1),"")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

LLee wrote:
Hello.

I have a formula that I need to cross reference an if statement and
if it is true, pull forward the hyperlink that is in the appropriate
cell. I can get it to pull the actual text, but I have not found out
a way to get it to pull forward the active hyperlink. Here's what I
have:

=if(K2=1,A2,false)

Columns K - . . . are various sorted departments and designate if
that particular policy is applicable for that department. We want to
create a customized Table of contents for our Policy Manual based on
if the policy applies to that department. The hyperlinks are word
documents on our public drives accessible by everyone. If anyone can
help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
whyt value is exactly in cell A1

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LLee wrote:
Thanks Frank. It worked, however, its isn't finding appropriate
file. "Cannot open specified file." So I will have to keep at it.
Thanks again

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
maybe try something like
=IF(K2=1,HYPERLINK(A1),"")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LLee wrote:
Hello.

I have a formula that I need to cross reference an if statement and
if it is true, pull forward the hyperlink that is in the

appropriate
cell. I can get it to pull the actual text, but I have not found
out a way to get it to pull forward the active hyperlink. Here's
what I have:

=if(K2=1,A2,false)

Columns K - . . . are various sorted departments and designate if
that particular policy is applicable for that department. We want
to create a customized Table of contents for our Policy Manual
based on if the policy applies to that department. The hyperlinks
are word documents on our public drives accessible by everyone. If
anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

some example of use of HYPERLINK Worksheet Formula
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#hyperlink

---
HTH,

"LLee" wrote in message ...
Thanks Frank. It worked, however, its isn't finding appropriate file. "Cannot open specified file." So I will have to keep at

it. Thanks again

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
maybe try something like
=IF(K2=1,HYPERLINK(A1),"")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LLee wrote:
Hello.

I have a formula that I need to cross reference an if statement and
if it is true, pull forward the hyperlink that is in the appropriate
cell. I can get it to pull the actual text, but I have not found out
a way to get it to pull forward the active hyperlink. Here's what I
have:

=if(K2=1,A2,false)

Columns K - . . . are various sorted departments and designate if
that particular policy is applicable for that department. We want to
create a customized Table of contents for our Policy Manual based on
if the policy applies to that department. The hyperlinks are word
documents on our public drives accessible by everyone. If anyone can
help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is a hyperlink to a word document within the same drive and actually the same folder as well.

LLee wrote:
Thanks Frank. It worked, however, its isn't finding appropriate
file. "Cannot open specified file." So I will have to keep at it.
Thanks again

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
maybe try something like
=IF(K2=1,HYPERLINK(A1),"")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LLee wrote:
Hello.

I have a formula that I need to cross reference an if statement and
if it is true, pull forward the hyperlink that is in the

appropriate
cell. I can get it to pull the actual text, but I have not found
out a way to get it to pull forward the active hyperlink. Here's
what I have:

=if(K2=1,A2,false)

Columns K - . . . are various sorted departments and designate if
that particular policy is applicable for that department. We want
to create a customized Table of contents for our Policy Manual
based on if the policy applies to that department. The hyperlinks
are word documents on our public drives accessible by everyone. If
anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
then see David's response for some VBA code

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LLee wrote:
Thanks Frank. It worked, however, its isn't finding appropriate
file. "Cannot open specified file." So I will have to keep at it.
Thanks again

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
maybe try something like
=IF(K2=1,HYPERLINK(A1),"")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LLee wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks David - the site was very practical and I think it will do the trick!

Thanks again!

"LLee" wrote in message ...
Thanks Frank. It worked, however, its isn't finding appropriate file. "Cannot open specified file." So I will have to keep at

it. Thanks again

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
maybe try something like