Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default unique entries

I need a code that will take all the unique entries in
column A Sheet 1 and list them in column 1 Sheet 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
just use 'Data - Filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries'

If you need this in VBA simply record a macro while doing this manually

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

scrabtree wrote:
I need a code that will take all the unique entries in
column A Sheet 1 and list them in column 1 Sheet 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use Advanced Filters to using Copy to another location. But this
has to be on the active sheet. It will give you the unique value list, when
you set the criteria to 'nothing'

Cheers
Nigel

"scrabtree" wrote in message
I need a code that will take all the unique entries in
column A Sheet 1 and list them in column 1 Sheet 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nigel

But this has to be on the active sheet.

You can list the uniques on another worksheet.

See Debra Dalgleish's instructions.......

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi...html#ExtractWs

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"scrabtree" wrote in message
I need a code that will take all the unique entries in
column A Sheet 1 and list them in column 1 Sheet 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gord

Using Excel 2002 SP2 I getr the message box "You can only copy data to the
active sheet", not sure why but it does not work!

Cheers
Nigel

Nigel

"scrabtree" wrote in message
I need a code that will take all the unique entries in
column A Sheet 1 and list them in column 1 Sheet 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try it once more and watchout for Debra's first step:

If the database is on Sheet1 and you would like to extract data to Sheet2:
1.Go to Sheet 2

If you start on that receiving sheet, you'll find it works.

"scrabtree" wrote in message
I need a code that will take all the unique entries in
column A Sheet 1 and list them in column 1 Sheet 2.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom and Dave have covered this well so "nuff said".

Gord

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 07:23:25 +0100, "Nigel"
wrote:

Hi Gord

Using Excel 2002 SP2 I getr the message box "You can only copy data to the
active sheet", not sure why but it does not work!

Cheers
Nigel

.. .
Nigel