Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Define a Dynamic Range Based on an Index

Hi everyone - I know similar questions have been asked over and over,
but I can't find anything that works for me.

I have something similar to the following data, and I want to define a
range containing the rows that have 29 in Column B:

Date1 28 Blah1 Blah2 Blah3
Date2 28 blah blah blahh
Date3 29 good goood goood
Date4 29 yes yes good
Date5 30 dont want this

I'd like it to select those two rows with 29, out to the 7th column
(G). Of course, that 29 will be a dynamic variable.

Excel 2000. This is probably some sort of do while loop?

Please give any tips or links if possible. Thank you VERY much!

mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike Roberto wrote:

Hi everyone - I know similar questions have been asked over and over,
but I can't find anything that works for me.

I have something similar to the following data, and I want to define a
range containing the rows that have 29 in Column B:

Date1 28 Blah1 Blah2 Blah3
Date2 28 blah blah blahh
Date3 29 good goood goood
Date4 29 yes yes good
Date5 30 dont want this

I'd like it to select those two rows with 29, out to the 7th column
(G). Of course, that 29 will be a dynamic variable.

Excel 2000. This is probably some sort of do while loop?

Please give any tips or links if possible. Thank you VERY much!

mike

If the functions in the freely downloadable file at
http://home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your workbook, the
following will work, array entered into, e.g., H1:N2, with 29 in Cell O1:

=ArrayRowFilter1(A1:G5,2,O1)

Alan Beban
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alan Beban wrote:
*Mike Roberto wrote:

[...]

O1:

=ArrayRowFilter1(A1:G5,2,O1)

Alan Beban *

Hi Alan, thanks for the response! I have this all imported into m
workbook, but just don't know how to use it. In a cell away from th
table, I put this in: =ArrayRowFilter1(A10:G36,2,A50) where A50 ha
the number 29 inside of it (I also tried just forcing 29 into th
parameters of the function)

All I get back is #VALUE! How do I use this? It seems like it'
exactly what I need.

Thanks!

mike (posted from excelforum.com now since its faster than googl
groups

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alan Beban wrote in message ...
Mike Roberto wrote:

[...]

Alan - Any response to my question posed earlier? I couldn't get it to work:

--reposted--
Hi Alan, thanks for the response! I have this all imported into my
workbook, but just don't know how to use it. In a cell away from the
table, I put this in: =ArrayRowFilter1(A10:G36,2,A50) where A50 has
the number 29 inside of it (I also tried just forcing 29 into the
parameters of the function)

All I get back is #VALUE! How do I use this? It seems like it's
exactly what I need.

Thanks!

mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alan Beban wrote in message ...
Mike Roberto wrote:

[...]

Nevermind that last post Alan - I just realized that I have to run
this within my macro, and see how I was doing it wrong before. I'll
play with this now. Thanks again!

mike