Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_2_] Alan Beban[_2_] is offline

Default Define a Dynamic Range Based on an Index

Mike Roberto wrote:

Hi everyone - I know similar questions have been asked over and over,
but I can't find anything that works for me.

I have something similar to the following data, and I want to define a
range containing the rows that have 29 in Column B:

Date1 28 Blah1 Blah2 Blah3
Date2 28 blah blah blahh
Date3 29 good goood goood
Date4 29 yes yes good
Date5 30 dont want this

I'd like it to select those two rows with 29, out to the 7th column
(G). Of course, that 29 will be a dynamic variable.

Excel 2000. This is probably some sort of do while loop?

Please give any tips or links if possible. Thank you VERY much!

mike

If the functions in the freely downloadable file at
http://home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your workbook, the
following will work, array entered into, e.g., H1:N2, with 29 in Cell O1:

=ArrayRowFilter1(A1:G5,2,O1)

Alan Beban