Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2000 versus Excel 2002 question

Hi all,

I really hope someone can help me. I wrote some VBA code
in Excel 2000 that doesn't work properly in Excel 2003.
I'm not doing anything fancy, just basically looping
through a .csv file and determining to which column and
cell the data should be placed. I can certainly step
through the code in 2003 to see what's going on. I'm just
wondering if there are any known issues between the
versions. For example, I use variables without having
assigned a value to them (i.e., var = Empty). This works
as expected in 2000, but I'm thinking that 20003 doesn't
like that.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nothing leaps off the page. xl2002/2003 added some options for specifying
delimiters and so forth, so perhaps your default settings are inconsistent
with what xl2000 was doing (if you data was parsed properly on opening the
file xl2000, it may now all be in one column).
Tom Ogilvy