Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sendmail message

Hello,
Using a macro, I am trying to send a worksheet using the
SendMail action. I get the following message:

"A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your
behalf. Do you want to allow this?
If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should
choose "No"."

This is the code I am using:
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:=Array
("recipient1", "recipient2")

Is there any way to avoid this message?

Thank you!
Marta
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron de Bruin has code that uses CDO to send the mail and avoid the prompt.

Ron de Bruin's site

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"marta" wrote in message
Hello,
Using a macro, I am trying to send a worksheet using the
SendMail action. I get the following message:

"A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your
behalf. Do you want to allow this?
If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should
choose "No"."

This is the code I am using:
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:=Array
("recipient1", "recipient2")

Is there any way to avoid this message?

Thank you!
Marta

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doesn't CDO require some applications (IIS, Exchange, etc.) to be
installed first? I don't think it's a part of operating system.

I would use a 3rd party library. My "weapon of choice" is SMTP
Component http://www.ostrosoft.com/smtp_component.asp

Or just search Google for +SMTP +Excel +VBA

hs234

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:24:47 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

Ron de Bruin has code that uses CDO to send the mail and avoid the prompt.

Ron de Bruin's site

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you run Win 2000 or win XP you can use CDO(for Win 2000)
Read the info on the webpage
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote:

Ron de Bruin has code that uses CDO to send the mail and avoid the prompt.

Ron de Bruin's site

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Sendmail Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 8th 08 12:21 PM
SendMail Neo[_2_] Excel Programming 1 December 9th 03 07:20 PM
SendMail and BCC Darrin Henry Excel Programming 0 September 15th 03 10:17 PM
SendMail and BCC Darrin Henry Excel Programming 1 September 13th 03 03:18 PM
Creating a Sendmail message Paul Excel Programming 1 September 10th 03 06:35 PM