Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel function macros

Over the years, I've developed a sizeable set of Excel function macros
to perform a variety of engineering calculations. These macros were
developed using Excel v. 4.0 macro language. I'm using MS Office X on
a Mac G3 powerbook.

As recently as a few months ago I was able to modify the source
spreadsheet/macrosheet file and create updated add-in files for the
macros. However, I've tried doing this again today and cannot save the
modifed macro sheet as a valid add-in file.

It's possible I'm missing or forgetting something...or perhaps
Microsoft has issued an update which has completely removed this
fuctionality.

Any advice on how to create Excel 4 function macros under Excel Office
X is much appreciated. There's little incentive for me to reprogram
the macros in VBA....or whatever is now used for programming function
macros these days.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the quick....and encouraging.....reply.

Upon opening a new BLANK workbook, the "save as" dialogue box provides
ability to save file as an Excel Add-in file. So far, so good. However,
once I've
pasted the updated macros into a macrosheet in that workbook, the "Save
as
Add-in file" option disappears from the file format list. I can manually
add a
".xla" suffix to the filename, but it does not create a vadid add-in.

Same things happens with Excel 98, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline