Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom McGuinness Tom McGuinness is offline

Default Excel function macros

Thanks for the quick....and encouraging.....reply.

Upon opening a new BLANK workbook, the "save as" dialogue box provides
ability to save file as an Excel Add-in file. So far, so good. However,
once I've
pasted the updated macros into a macrosheet in that workbook, the "Save
as
Add-in file" option disappears from the file format list. I can manually
add a
".xla" suffix to the filename, but it does not create a vadid add-in.

Same things happens with Excel 98, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Tom