Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Combobox

Hi All,

I have a combobox from the Form toolbar embeded on a
worksheet. The combobox contains 3 items. I want to assign
a seperate macro to each of these items. The macros are
ready. How can I assign them?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Below I am using the value of the Cell Link to trigger the
choice of which Macro to run:

Sub DropDown1_Change()

Select Case Sheets("Sheet1").Range("LinkedCell").Value
Case 1
Call Macro1
Case 2
Call Macro2
Case 3
Call Macro3
End Select

End Sub

Sub Macro1()

MsgBox "This is 1"

End Sub

Sub Macro2()

MsgBox "This is 2"

End Sub

Sub Macro3()

MsgBox "This is 3"

End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I find that the combobox from the Control Toolbar is much better to us
than the one from the Forms toolbar.

You need to add a *CASE* Statement to the *Change_Event* of th
combobox. I have provided an example below. The example below assume
that there are three choices in the combobox....they are the values *A
B,* and *C*

PRIVATE SUB COMBOBOX1_CHANGE()

VSELECTION = COMBOBOX1.TEXT

SELECT CASE VSELECTION

CASE \"A\"

MSGBOX (\"YOU HAVE SELECTED \" & \"A\")

CASE \"B\"

MSGBOX (\"YOU HAVE SELECTED \" & \"B\")

CASE \"C\"

MSGBOX (\"YOU HAVE SELECTED \" & \"C\")

END SELEC

Rolli

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Thanks. This is great. Best wishes.

[...]

.

.

fill combobox depending on selection from another combobox Adam Francis Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 24th 08 07:39 PM
COMBOBOX Fernando Duran Excel Programming 1 February 26th 04 05:32 PM
VBA ComboBox Stromma Excel Programming 2 February 23rd 04 11:22 PM
Go To combobox gregork Excel Programming 4 February 19th 04 09:11 AM
ComboBox Michelle Bryant Excel Programming 2 October 3rd 03 03:13 PM