Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Outlining works in XP not in 2000

I finished writing the coding and macro into my WB.
All is working fine in XP (Office 2003)

Since I know that some of the users work in W2K + Office 2000, I made a
test, and the result is that all is working except the outlining after I run
the Macro (I recoded it to change some formatting when it is needed)

I have a WokbookOpen event that allows the outlining and in a separate
module the above mentioned Macro to format some of the sheets.
I tried the outlining before running the Macro (in 2000) and works ok, then
I run the Macro to format the sheets and the Outlining is no longer working.
This happens only in 2000.

What shall I put at the beginning of the code of the formatting macro to
get it to work?

Thanks
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it doesn't work, there isn't a magic statement that will make it work.
You should do your development in the lowest version of Excel that will use
the code.

In any event, outlining and grouping were supported in xl2000 as well.
Perhaps there are some additional arguments you have provided in xl2003 that
are not recognized in xl2000. It is hard to say since you show no code and
don't say whether you get an error or the macro runs, but nothing happens.

Tom Ogilvy

"Metallo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Here are the Workbook_Open Event code and the Macro (Module)

Once I run the macro and click to group/ungroup it says that I canno
use the command on a protected sheet.
This happens only in W2K (OFFICE 2000).

It works perfectly in XP (OFFICE2003)

I'm sure something can be added to the Macro to let the group/ungrou
function work in 2000, but I don't know what and where.

Thanks for your help
Ale

Attachment filename: private sub workbook and macro.txt
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=61744

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unprotect the sheet in your code, then reprotect it would be one way.

I am not in Excelforum and clicking on your link brings up nothing.

Tom Ogilvy

"Metallo " wrote in message
Tom,

Here are the Workbook_Open Event code and the Macro (Module)

Once I run the macro and click to group/ungroup it says that I cannot
use the command on a protected sheet.
This happens only in W2K (OFFICE 2000).

It works perfectly in XP (OFFICE2003)

I'm sure something can be added to the Macro to let the group/ungroup
function work in 2000, but I don't know what and where.

Thanks for your help
Alex

Attachment filename: private sub workbook and macro.txt
Download attachment:

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=617443
---