Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Apllication.OnTime

Goodday,

You can use "OnTime" method to schedule a macro to run at a specific time.

Is there also a method to schedule a macro to run at and/or after a specific
date (system-date)?

TKs,
Mischa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mischa,

If you give a full date/time OnTime will work to that date. Something like:

Application.OnTime Date + 1 + Time(12,0,0), "MyRoutine"

will run at noon tomorrow.

HTH

Peter Beach

"Mischa Browne" wrote in message
Goodday,

You can use "OnTime" method to schedule a macro to run at a specific time.

Is there also a method to schedule a macro to run at and/or after a

specific
date (system-date)?

TKs,
Mischa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Peter,

Thanks, but does this mean I have to keep the workbook (that contains the
macro) active until tomorrow.

Or can I just open the workbook, tomorrow and then the macro will run?

MRegards,

Mischa

"Peter Beach" schreef in bericht
Hi Mischa,

If you give a full date/time OnTime will work to that date. Something

like:

Application.OnTime Date + 1 + Time(12,0,0), "MyRoutine"

will run at noon tomorrow.

HTH

Peter Beach

"Mischa Browne" wrote in message
Goodday,

You can use "OnTime" method to schedule a macro to run at a specific

time.

Is there also a method to schedule a macro to run at and/or after a

specific
date (system-date)?

TKs,
Mischa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Of course you could write code to save the scheduled date and time and
reinitiate the ontime event using the workbook_open event. But just setting
Ontime does not persist when you close excel. (I guess I should have said
you need to keep excel open - I don't believe you need to keep that specific
workbook open).

Tom Ogilvy

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So actually,

There is no code which allows a macro to run at a specific date?

Fe Monday July 19 2004 at or after 1 pm

Adios,
Mischa

"Tom Ogilvy" schreef in bericht
It has to remain open.

Tom Ogilvy

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mischa,

Try

Application.OnTime DateSerial(2004,7,19) + TimeSerial(13,0,0),
"MacroName"

Note that Excel must remain open from the time you execute the
OnTime macro until the scheduled time.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can a user of the application bypass this option?

I want to protect my macro not to be used after a certain date.

Tks
Regards,
Mischa

"Chip Pearson" schreef in bericht
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mischa,

Why not use something like:

Sub ExpiringMacro()
If Now DateSerial(2004,12,31) Then Exit Sub
. . . other code
End Sub

IOW simply stop the macro from running after the expiry date.

You could obviously get more sophisticated if you wanted to.

Regards,