Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need a function to keep track of total data.

Hey gang, I am still having problems trying to come up with a function. Here
is the scoop.

On sheet 1, I have list of buisnesses in column A that I write
checks to.
In Column B I have the amount of the Check.
What I want to do after I click enter after placing the amount of
check is to have it automaticaly enter the total that the company or
buisness has got from me so far and have it entered on sheet 2 on whatever
column and row that the business name I happen to have it on. Can anyone
steer me in the right direction? I have tried different functions but am not
a geru at this. Thanks in advance.

NK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in sheet2, list you businesses in A1 to A whatever

in B2 put in the formula

=Sumif(Sheet1!A:A,A1,B:B)

drag fill this formula down.

Tom Ogilvy

"NascarIsKing" wrote in message
.. .
Hey gang, I am still having problems trying to come up with a function.

Here
is the scoop.

On sheet 1, I have list of buisnesses in column A that I write
checks to.
In Column B I have the amount of the Check.
What I want to do after I click enter after placing the amount

of
check is to have it automaticaly enter the total that the company or
buisness has got from me so far and have it entered on sheet 2 on whatever
column and row that the business name I happen to have it on. Can anyone
steer me in the right direction? I have tried different functions but am

not
a geru at this. Thanks in advance.

NK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Tom... Thanks very much for your help, I have a problem though, I guess
I didn't explain it good enough, Here is how I have on sheet one my
buisnesses.... As you can see, I don't know what check I might have to write
coming up, so it can be spontanious for instance on sheet 1 column A I have
buisnesses that might look like this

sheet 1
Column A amount of check (column B)

sub contractor 1 1,000.00
Sub contractor 5 500.00
Steve 50.00
Buisness cell phone 175.00
sub contractor 1 1,500.00
Steve 75.00
Sub contractor 1 300.00

Now this is a very very lower scale than the actual number of people
I write checks too, so that's why it would be a life saver if I can get the
right function so when I put in the amount for sub contractor 1, I would
like the total to show up on sheet 2 where I would have all the Buisnesses
and subcontractors and people I pay out too. They are in alphabetical order
and would always be in the same place on that sheet. so something like this
on sheet 2

Sheet 2
Column A Column B (total payed so far)

Buisness Cell Phone 175.00
Steve 125.00
Sub contractor 1 2,800.00
Sub contractor 5 500.00

I hope that explains it good, Thanks a lot for your help.

NK

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Att: TOM Ogilvy.

Hey Tom, I am a happy camper, I figured it out, I used the formula you
gave me and added sheet1 to both areas, what was weird was the first name
that I am using along with the sub contractors is on sheet 1, but when I put
sheet1 in front of her name or whatever buisness it didn't work, which is
strange cause thats the sheet it is on. anyway's I am going to list the
others in this same format to make sure... Thanks a bunch for the help.
This is a cool forum group to come to. :)
NK

=SUMIF(Sheet1!B8:B510,"Debbie Brock",Sheet1!C8:C510)