CampFriendNeedsHelp

Default keeping track of total dollar amount for campers

Hi all,

First of all, I love this site and use it alot. I am hoping someone can
help me out.

I have a list of 360 people in a column who attend camp. They were given a
stipend to use daily for candy, etc. Each item has specific dollar amounts
and I want to use this spreadsheet on a daily basis to track money left on a
campers account so we know how much they have left and notify them that they
need to refill their money account. I hope this makes sense.

Joe $100
Lisa $75
Mary $200
Kristy $150

(in any column: chips, m&m, pop, juice, etc)

(in any column: $$ amount of each item cost)
I am hoping there is a way to create a shortcut so that I can simply click
the item that the camper bought (juice, candy) and then have it subtract it
quickly and show it in a column.

Any help is soooo much appreciated, thank you kindly.
Don

If would suggest using data validation cells for the items linked to price
tables. Debra Dalgleish's site will get you satarted:

Don Pistulka

"CampFriendNeedsHelp" wrote
in message ...
[...]

CampFriendNeedsHelp

I am a bit confused....Is there a way to show what needs to be in each
column for simple calculations? Do you have an example or is there an
example template from that website?

THANK YOU again,

wrote in message
[...]

Don

This is simple, but it sould help. Click on the validation cells for the
dropdown boxes.
http://pistulka.com/simplevalidation.xls
Don Psitulka