Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional formulas

I'm currently summing a column of numbers using the
following formula:
=sumif(BA23:BA500,"y",N23:N500)

I would now like to break down the sum based on a second
condition ie. only sum the column cells where the above is
true and where the value of the cells in another column
equals 0 or 1 or 2 etc.
What I'm trying to do is derive subtotals of the sum above
based on the revision level where the BA cells are set
to "y". Does anyone have a suggestion?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try
SUMPRODUCT. e.g.
=SUMPRODUCT(--(BA23:BA500="y"),(BB23:BB500=1),N23:N500)

I'm currently summing a column of numbers using the
following formula:
=sumif(BA23:BA500,"y",N23:N500)

I would now like to break down the sum based on a second
condition ie. only sum the column cells where the above

is
true and where the value of the cells in another column
equals 0 or 1 or 2 etc.
What I'm trying to do is derive subtotals of the sum

above
based on the revision level where the BA cells are set
to "y". Does anyone have a suggestion?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does SUMPRODUCT multiply the values of each array? I'm
not getting any totals when I try your recommendation.
WHat are you indicating with the -- inside the first
parenthesis?
I'll not be able to reply until Monday but thanks for any
suggestions you provide.
Dale
=SUMPRODUCT(--(BA23:BA500="y"),(BB23:BB500=1),N23:N500)

I'm currently summing a column of numbers using the
following formula:
=sumif(BA23:BA500,"y",N23:N500)

I would now like to break down the sum based on a second
condition ie. only sum the column cells where the above

is
true and where the value of the cells in another column
equals 0 or 1 or 2 etc.
What I'm trying to do is derive subtotals of the sum

above
based on the revision level where the BA cells are set
to "y". Does anyone have a suggestion?
.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
see my correction. the double minus is required for both
conditions (it coerces the boolean value to real numbers)