Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to access ranges in closed workbooks in custom functions

I have written a custom function. One of its arguments is
a range. This function works fine when the referred range
is in the workbook that contains the custom function.
However, when this range is in an external workbook it
works ok so long as the external workbook is open. But
this external workbook is closed, the function returns an
error.

What do I need to do to overcome this problem?

Please help!

Deepak
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Deepak,

You asked this a couple of days ago and received a comprehensive response
from Harlan Grove:
http://tinyurl.com/2h8dn

---
Regards,
Norman

"Deepak Agarwal" wrote in message
I have written a custom function. One of its arguments is
a range. This function works fine when the referred range
is in the workbook that contains the custom function.
However, when this range is in an external workbook it
works ok so long as the external workbook is open. But
this external workbook is closed, the function returns an
error.

What do I need to do to overcome this problem?

Please help!

Deepak

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Norman Jones" wrote...
You asked this a couple of days ago and received a comprehensive
response from Harlan Grove:
http://tinyurl.com/2h8dn

Maybe he didn't like my answer and is hoping for a different one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Norman Jones" wrote...
You asked this a couple of days ago and received a
comprehensive response from Harlan Grove:
http://tinyurl.com/2h8dn

Maybe he didn't like my answer and is hoping for a
different one.

Seems to occur quite often that people posting via
ExcelForum cannot see replies, maybe that's the reason.

Deepak, try
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/
and navigate to Office / Excel

Sandy