Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tim tim is offline

Default Splash

Hello All,

I have a workbook that runs a query refresh when opened.
After the refresh I display a msgbox letting the user
know the data was refreshed. If the user is off-site, a
msgbox tells them the data has not been refreshed.

While the data is being updated I display a splash screen
as a line of code in the workbook_open procedure (the
same procedure that refreshes the data). My problem is
that the splash screen does not display it's contents
(just a blank form) until my message box appears. Then I
see the contents and the code kills the form.

Why does it only show a partial form and can I fix it?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Userform1.Show
doevents
' refresh the data

Tom Ogilvy

"Tim" wrote in message
Hello All,

I have a workbook that runs a query refresh when opened.
After the refresh I display a msgbox letting the user
know the data was refreshed. If the user is off-site, a
msgbox tells them the data has not been refreshed.

While the data is being updated I display a splash screen
as a line of code in the workbook_open procedure (the
same procedure that refreshes the data). My problem is
that the splash screen does not display it's contents
(just a blank form) until my message box appears. Then I
see the contents and the code kills the form.

Why does it only show a partial form and can I fix it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

left out the vbmodeless

useform1.show vbModeless
doevents
' code to refresh

assumes xl2000 or later.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tim" wrote in message
Hello All,

I have a workbook that runs a query refresh when opened.
After the refresh I display a msgbox letting the user
know the data was refreshed. If the user is off-site, a
msgbox tells them the data has not been refreshed.

While the data is being updated I display a splash screen
as a line of code in the workbook_open procedure (the
same procedure that refreshes the data). My problem is
that the splash screen does not display it's contents
(just a blank form) until my message box appears. Then I
see the contents and the code kills the form.

Why does it only show a partial form and can I fix it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put.......

DoEvents

After you splash screen show commands and before the data refresh begins

Cheers
Nigel

"Tim" wrote in message
Hello All,

I have a workbook that runs a query refresh when opened.
After the refresh I display a msgbox letting the user
know the data was refreshed. If the user is off-site, a
msgbox tells them the data has not been refreshed.

While the data is being updated I display a splash screen
as a line of code in the workbook_open procedure (the
same procedure that refreshes the data). My problem is
that the splash screen does not display it's contents
(just a blank form) until my message box appears. Then I
see the contents and the code kills the form.

Why does it only show a partial form and can I fix it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tim tim is offline

Thanks

I have a workbook that runs a query refresh when

opened.
After the refresh I display a msgbox letting the user
know the data was refreshed. If the user is off-site,

msgbox tells them the data has not been refreshed.

While the data is being updated I display a splash

screen
as a line of code in the workbook_open procedure (the
same procedure that refreshes the data). My problem is
that the splash screen does not display it's contents
(just a blank form) until my message box appears.

Then I
see the contents and the code kills the form.

Why does it only show a partial form and can I fix it?

Thanks

.

Splash Screen John Calder New Users to Excel 2 May 11th 09 03:22 AM
Splash Screen Brooke Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 March 25th 08 03:58 PM
splash Jessie[_4_] Excel Programming 1 February 13th 04 12:57 AM
VBA splash screen scott[_6_] Excel Programming 2 October 16th 03 09:27 AM
splash screen David W[_3_] Excel Programming 3 September 2nd 03 09:13 PM