Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tj tj is offline

Default simultaneous run

Hello,

Is it possible to run two macros simultaneously? I would
like to show a dialog box or a timer or something
interesting (like a be patient box) while my macro is
running. How would I go about doing this, and any
suggestions on a timer box would also be helpful.

Thank You,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi TJ

Maybe you like this

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"TJ" wrote in message ...
Hello,

Is it possible to run two macros simultaneously? I would
like to show a dialog box or a timer or something
interesting (like a be patient box) while my macro is
running. How would I go about doing this, and any
suggestions on a timer box would also be helpful.

Thank You,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't need to run two macros - show a userform to display something and
write an update to this form periodically from your running macro. I often
use a textbox and write a new value showing the current progress through a
long process.

Something like....

Sub LongMacro()
userform1.show