Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default simultaneous run

You don't need to run two macros - show a userform to display something and
write an update to this form periodically from your running macro. I often
use a textbox and write a new value showing the current progress through a
long process.

Something like....

Sub LongMacro()
userform1.show

call TellUser("Running Step1")
code to do step 1

call TellUser(Running Step2")
code to do step 2 etc

End Sub

Sub TellUser(tbMess as String)
userform1.textbox1.value = tbMess
DoEvents
End Sub

Cheers
Nigel

"TJ" wrote in message
Hello,

Is it possible to run two macros simultaneously? I would
like to show a dialog box or a timer or something
interesting (like a be patient box) while my macro is
running. How would I go about doing this, and any
suggestions on a timer box would also be helpful.

Thank You,