Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Alternative to Vlookup

Hi All,

I am looking for an alternative to the Vlookup function by some coding in VBA.

I know how to use the vlookup function without any hassle at all - including in this case, but I really would like to have it coded, to prevent unauthorised modifying etc.

All I'm after is checking a part number that a user will input into a cell, then on the click of a button will check that part number against a list and then in another cell indicate whether the chacked part is hazardous or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use search to get the correct value:

Dim Rnge As Range
Dim Hazard As String

Rnge = Worksheets(NAME).Range.Find(SEARCHVALUE, LookIn:=xlValues
LookAt:=xlWhole)

Hazard = Range(Rnge).Offset(y, x).Valu