Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rita Palazzi

Default Vlookup Alternative Needed

Windows XP Professional
Office 2000

I have a spreadsheet where daily data is entered. It is set up similar
to following example:

Date Port Shpts Pcs

4-Nov EWR 25,693 30,615
4-Nov IND 40,593 143,778
4-Nov OAK 25,047 43,928
4-Nov MEM 209,126 290,865
4-Nov ANC 93,392 193,251
4-Nov MIA 10,153 11,621
11-Nov EWR 31,729 37,687
11-Nov IND 37,413 135,287
11-Nov OAK 27,148 45,139
11-Nov MEM 215,890 290,591
11-Nov ANC 92,635 178,298
11-Nov MIA 11,233 13,744
18-Nov EWR 31,979 37,329
18-Nov IND 41,807 153,256
18-Nov OAK 29,081 50,603
18-Nov MEM 217,948 300,548
18-Nov ANC 95,017 190,090
18-Nov MIA 10,583 12,428

On a difference worksheet, I want to compile trend information for each
port so that a table is set up as below:

Date Port Shpts Pcs
4-Nov ANC 93,392 193,251
11-Nov ANC 92,635 178,298
18-Nov ANC 95,017 190,090

Date Port Shpts Pcs
4-Nov EWR 25,693 30,615
11-Nov EWR 31,729 37,687
18-Nov EWR 31,979 37,329

Any ideas on how to best achieve the needed output? I familiar with
VLOOKUP, but unsure how to use it to look for Date AND Port...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give...

Rita Palazzi
Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services
FedEx Express

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rita Palazzi

I only showed a small portion of what the input sheet looks like.
I'm trying to get this worksheet (to be used as only chart data sheet)
set up to automatically populate as, on a weekly basis, we chart 13
weeks of information and anywhere from 25 - 50 charts will be created.

We regularly set up a "chart data sheet" so that when updating the
charts, only ONE week-ending date is input and then all other cells
update using the input sheet as the source. This stops us from having
to constantly change cell references on every chart we produce. The
"chart data sheet" changes by week, hence the charts change automatically.

It isn't feasible to Copy, Paste, Sort, every week when there is bound
to be a way to do it programatically.

Don Guillett wrote:

Can't you just sort by colB and then col A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

It sounds to me like the AutoFilter ( Data Filter AutoFilter ) would help
a lot. It can also be automated with macros.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Rita Palazzi" wrote:

Windows XP Professional
Office 2000

I have a spreadsheet where daily data is entered. It is set up similar
to following example:

Date Port Shpts Pcs

4-Nov EWR 25,693 30,615
4-Nov IND 40,593 143,778
4-Nov OAK 25,047 43,928
4-Nov MEM 209,126 290,865
4-Nov ANC 93,392 193,251
4-Nov MIA 10,153 11,621
11-Nov EWR 31,729 37,687
11-Nov IND 37,413 135,287
11-Nov OAK 27,148 45,139
11-Nov MEM 215,890 290,591
11-Nov ANC 92,635 178,298
11-Nov MIA 11,233 13,744
18-Nov EWR 31,979 37,329
18-Nov IND 41,807 153,256
18-Nov OAK 29,081 50,603
18-Nov MEM 217,948 300,548
18-Nov ANC 95,017 190,090
18-Nov MIA 10,583 12,428

On a difference worksheet, I want to compile trend information for each
port so that a table is set up as below:

Date Port Shpts Pcs
4-Nov ANC 93,392 193,251
11-Nov ANC 92,635 178,298
18-Nov ANC 95,017 190,090