Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Parallel Task (Threads) in VBa, is it possible?

I have a little program in which I would like to run a progress ba
while the program is running so I was wondering if it is possible t
have a thread (Parallel task) running (Increasing the progress bar
while the macro is running?

If so how can I do it?

Best Regards

Noo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks but the link above doesn't exist on MS homepage. Do you have th
correct link?

Looks a bit complicated but possible.

*EDIT* Nevermind, I didn't the continuation of the link on the botto
line

Best Regards

Noo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this:

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...rogressBar.htm

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"NooK " wrote in message
I have a little program in which I would like to run a progress bar
while the program is running so I was wondering if it is possible to
have a thread (Parallel task) running (Increasing the progress bar)
while the macro is running?

If so how can I do it?

Best Regards

NooK

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nice ProgressBar Robin, I am gonna use instead of mine although m
problem still remains being able to run it in parallel with th
program.

What I am doing is splitting the progress demo into 3 functions one t
initialize it, one to increase and another to kill it so I can call th
increase function in the middle of the program but since I run th
shell command for a third party software to do some stuff and there i
no telling how long the program will run I have to halt the progressba
while the second program is being runned there I wanna be able to ru
the progressbar on a second thread.

Anyway if not possible, my solution so far works quite OK.

Best Regards

Noo