Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Start Excel from send menu

Hey Noggin -

Doesn't the Open option on the same right click menu do the trick? Or
Open With... if the file extension is not registered with Excel?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Noggin < wrote:

LO M8's

I'm probably going to get told to go else where for this question but
I'll ask it anyway.

Is is possible to link or start from the send menu (right click) into
excel, via ??? OLE? And if so how?

I really have no idea how to approach this so any advice is very very
welcome .

Thankx to any who post reply.

Noggin

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't explain myself very well. What I wan
to do is insert an option into the send menu list when courser is on
word.
Then I want to modify that word. In short:-

In winword select a word and right click.
At this point a modified send menu appears with my option included.
User can then select this option an proceed with this function.

Your thoughts please.

Noggi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, I was thinking of the right click menu in Windows Explorer.

You can add commands to the right click menu of Word or Excel. I'm
guessing that you could write a Word macro, too, that would figure out
what the word is that contains the cursor, then copy the word and paste
it somewhere into Excel.

Try it out, record a few macros, and post back with problems.

- Jon
-------

Noggin < wrote:

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't explain myself very well. What I want
to do is insert an option into the send menu list when courser is on a