Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reference range in formula problem

How do I indicate a cell value at other range?
I try something =IF(H17=27759,range("K7") = "yes",range("K7") ="no") but the
activecell give #name!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A worksheet formula cannot change the value of any other cell. It
can only return a value to the cell which contains the formula.

In cell K7, use the formula

=IF(H17=27759,"yes","no")

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"crapit" wrote in message
How do I indicate a cell value at other range?
I try something =IF(H17=27759,range("K7") = "yes",range("K7")

="no") but the
activecell give #name!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried the following but it doesnt work. both H17 & J17 are individually
merge cells

If Range("h17").Value = 123 Then
Range("j17").Value = Allocation
end if