-   -   Reference range in formula problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303187-reference-range-formula-problem.html)

crapit

Reference range in formula problem

How do I indicate a cell value at other range?
I try something =IF(H17=27759,range("K7") = "yes",range("K7") ="no") but the
activecell give #name!

Chip Pearson

Reference range in formula problem

A worksheet formula cannot change the value of any other cell. It
can only return a value to the cell which contains the formula.

In cell K7, use the formula

=IF(H17=27759,"yes","no")

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"crapit" wrote in message
How do I indicate a cell value at other range?
I try something =IF(H17=27759,range("K7") = "yes",range("K7")

="no") but the
activecell give #name!

crapit

Reference range in formula problem

So the only is through macro?

"crapit" wrote in message
How do I indicate a cell value at other range?
I try something =IF(H17=27759,range("K7") = "yes",range("K7")

="no") but the
activecell give #name!

Chip Pearson

Reference range in formula problem

Yes, a macro can do it, as long as it is not called from a
worksheet cell.

--

"crapit" wrote in message
How do I indicate a cell value at other range?
I try something =IF(H17=27759,range("K7") =

"yes",range("K7")
="no") but the
activecell give #name!

crapit

Reference range in formula problem

I tried the following but it doesnt work. both H17 & J17 are individually
merge cells

If Range("h17").Value = 123 Then
Range("j17").Value = Allocation
end if