Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default print minus value in red

Would somebody please tell me what formula to add to an
existing formula to show and print a resultant minus
value in red when the basic formula shows results in
black The basic formula is =SUM where the cells to be
added contain both + & - values
Thanks
Brian UK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Brian

right mouse click on your formula cell, choose format / cells, and have a
look under the number category on the number tab - choose the format you
want and click ok
- if the format you want isn't there you can create your own under custom -
have a look at help or post back for additional details on how to do this.

Cheers
JulieD

"brian" wrote in message
Would somebody please tell me what formula to add to an
existing formula to show and print a resultant minus
value in red when the basic formula shows results in
black The basic formula is =SUM where the cells to be
added contain both + & - values
Thanks
Brian UK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brian

You could also use Conditional formatting under the format menu if your
version of Excel is XL97 or greater

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"brian" wrote in message
Would somebody please tell me what formula to add to an
existing formula to show and print a resultant minus
value in red when the basic formula shows results in
black The basic formula is =SUM where the cells to be
added contain both + & - values
Thanks
Brian UK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Gee thanks, sooo simple when given advice was there under
my nose. Good job though as I wouldnt have the faintest
ides how to do it if I had to create my own, have visions
of needing to know colour reference codes and goodnes
know what else.
Have another question if you can assist -- I have an
excell book - many pages - each page is used to enter
data for a period of days, from 1 to 9 days tying in with
cashing up and paying in. There is rather a lot of detail
and to print I have to change the page set up for each
page to get it all on A4.I produce a book with about 15
pages containing the formulas to cover the next month.
Is there a way of selecting the book and changing the
print set up rather than needing to change every page
before printing.Hope this makes sense.
Just added a second page to work out daily profit, I
think its prety briliant for my novice knowledge, maybee
if you feel you could assist in simplyfing it I could e-
mail a copy to you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi brian

feel free to email it to me .. and i'll have a look at your print question
then too

Cheers
Julied
julied_ng at hcts dot net dot au

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

looks like there is a . after the @ in what you posted below

wrote in message
Tried to send to but it was
returned, did I get it wrong?

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Tried again got the following back

The original message was received at Tue, 6 Jul 2004
00:11:55 +0800
from cmailg4.svr.pol.co.uk [195.92.195.174]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
errors -----

554 5.0.0 MX list for hcts.net.au. points back to
cash.vianet.net.au
554 5.3.5 Local configuration error

Brian