Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default minus

when I import a report from business objects I get fields
with the minus sign at the end , e.g stock qty is 400-
instead of -400. CAn anyone give me a hand in changing the
minus character from the frot to ths last character of the
field. Thanks in anticipation.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom!

One formula approach is to use:

=IF(RIGHT(D12,1)="-",-1*LEFT(D12,LEN(D12)-1)+0,D12)

For a programming approach to the problem:

David McRitchie:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#fixrightminus

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

"tom mcd" wrote in message
when I import a report from business objects I get fields
with the minus sign at the end , e.g stock qty is 400-
instead of -400. CAn anyone give me a hand in changing the
minus character from the frot to ths last character of the
field. Thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the Data, Text to Column Wizard on the third screen there is an
Advanced... Button
where there is the option to convert "Trailing Minus ("-") signs...
HTH