Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default can someone help me with this problems please?

i have a link so u can download the xls file. its realy basic but
im stuck i want to change a row to a different color when a cell
has a certain value in there is that possible? anyway if anyone
gets time i would be very happy and heres the link TIA DEBBZ
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/psxchip/selling.xls

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 23
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the following menu path:

Format -- Conditional formatting...

To change the background color, click the "Format..." button on the dialog and
then choose the "Patterns" tab.

Regards,
Wes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Debbie

Select the entire row by clicking on the row header.

FormatConditional FormattingFormula is =$A$1="debbie"

Choose a nice formatting pattern and OK your way out.

Note the $ signs in the formula. They must be present.

Your cell address and data value will perhaps differ from the example above.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP